A Miami drug detox program is usually the first step toward recovery. There are several types of drug or alcohol detox programs, many of which may be out-of-state.
Drug addiction is a problem for many people. If you’ve been suffering from drug addiction in Miami and you’ve finally decided that you can’t take another day of it, there are plenty of options for treatment available. Drug addiction recovery takes a great deal of dedication and patience, but it is worth it to achieve lasting sobriety.
Drug detox is the process of removing all traces of drugs from your body. Many drug treatment centers offer drug detox in Miami and out-of-state to help you begin a clean and sober lifestyle. Call our drug detox specialists at (866) 267-7134 to discuss your options for drug detox and recovery treatment.
Types of drug detox
There are different options for drug detoxification in Miami that generally depend on the severity of your addiction, the length of time you have been abusing the substance, the drug used, and the composition of your body. Most inpatient drug rehab facilities focus on detox during the earliest stage of your rehabilitation. This is so that all traces of drugs can be removed from your system in a safe and effective manner with the use of medications. When undergoing drug detox, it is always advised to not attempt to treat yourself at home on your own. This is because you require supervision to ensure your safety.
Inpatient treatment involves staying at a drug rehab facility on a 24/7 basis. It is often the most recommended treatment when you have a long-standing addiction to drugs and need extensive care and supervision. Staff is on the premises 24/7 to monitor you, and there are medical professionals on call at all times. Inpatient treatment is also likely to be much more effective for you if you have any coexisting medical or mental health conditions. This treatment can be sought at a hospital or a residential facility located outside a hospital.
Call our addiction specialists at (866) 267-7134 to discuss which drug detox program may be best for you or a loved one.
What to expect during detox and addiction treatment
No matter what substance you are addicted to, there are a few key elements of the recovery process:
• Intake: This step determines if a particular rehab facility is a good fit for you. The center will ask you questions to get a full history on you, and you will undergo diagnostic tests. The staff will determine the best course of action to take regarding a treatment program that can help you.
• Detox: This is the stage where your drug of choice is completely wiped from your body. The process usually includes medications to make the withdrawal phase easier. Staff is constantly on hand to ensure that you have as smooth a process as possible.
• Rehabilitation: After the detox phase, you must undergo rehabilitation. This is the stage in which you get to the heart of why you became addicted to drugs in the first place. It addresses all of those issues so that you can more effectively live free of drugs. You’ll learn how to overcome certain behaviors so that you can avoid a relapse. Rehab frequently involves going to therapy no matter if it’s individual, group, or family therapy. Both inpatient and outpatient drug treatment options are available.
• Recovery: At the recovery stage, you will need to follow up with your progress of staying clean and sober. Things that can help include living in a sober living facility, joining support groups, and seeking additional therapy.
It’s important to undergo each one of these steps when you seek drug detoxification as part of a full rehabilitation program. Call our addiction specialists today at (866) 267-7134 to learn more about treatment for substance abuse in Miami.
Medications used during detox
Medical drug detox involves the usage of certain medications that can help with your treatment. These are administered by medical professionals to ease the severity of withdrawal during detox. These medications are generally safe and not addictive.
The most commonly used medications for detox include:
• Methadone: Methadone is used to overcome addiction to heroin or prescription medications like opiates. It is slowly administered over time to ease addiction from drugs.
• Buprenorphine: Buprenorphine is also used during detox to treat addiction to heroin and opioids. It has increased in popularity over methadone because it doesn’t give you the feeling of being high. Treatment with this medication can take months to years.
• Benzodiazepines: These anti-anxiety drugs can help with withdrawal symptoms during detox. They also relieve depression and anxiety that is frequently present during the process.
• Barbiturates: Barbiturates are mild sedatives that can help ease the detox process, reduce the risk of seizures, and relieve anxiety.
When you are in a drug detoxification facility in Miami, you may be administered one or more of these drugs during treatment to ease withdrawal symptoms. Contact our addiction specialists today at (866) 267-7134 to discuss your options.
Choosing a detox treatment center
Once you decide you want to enter a Miami drug detox program, or a drug detox program that’s out-of-state, the first step is investigating a few different options. Some places offer inpatient drug detox while others include outpatient drug rehabilitation. The option you decide on depends on the severity of your addiction and the drug or drugs you have been taking. Staff will ask you a number of questions to ensure that there is a good fit. Any other medical issues you have will also be addressed when you are assessed.
If you are in need of drug detox to begin your addiction recovery, you have a lot of options. The sooner you enter a rehab facility, the sooner you will be on your way to living the clean and sober lifestyle that you deserve.
Learn more about the various drug treatment programs and resources for drug detox by calling our drug detox specialists at (866) 267-7134 today. We can help you find the facility that best suits your needs.